The National School Inspectorate Authority (NaSIA) has urged all private or international schools without a license to operate or a certificate of registration to register before the begingn of a new academic year.
School registration is the process of acquiring an official certificate or record, for an educational institution to operate. You must register if you will provide full-time education for 5 or more pupils of compulsory school age with an education
According to NaSIA, this will help the operation of schools in a more safer and healthy environment and Enforce standards to ensure quality in the Ghanaian Education System.
The National School Inspectorate Authority (NaSIA), is an Agency of the Ministry of Education responsible for providing an independent external evaluation of the quality and standards in basic and second cycle educational institutions. The NIB is responsible for registering and licensing all pre-tertiary educational and training institutions and facilities in Ghana.
It is however important to note that entities who wish to run a school a school in Ghana must register with the NaSIA before the green light is given. All schools should be duly registered or at least secure a provisional license to operate before commencing business. Schools without a provisional license to operate / certificate of registration would be sanctioned and made to register.
Before application for registration
- School must be registered at the Registrar General’s Department.
- School must be registered at the Local Authority where it is located.
After a successful application for registration, the applicant will be notified
- A notice of date for inspection of the school will be communicated to management of the school not less than one week before the inspection.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstance which hinders the possibility of inspection on the agreed date, management of the school would be duly informed and a new date will be scheduled.
- Inspectors from NIB would be paneled to verify that the school meets the required standards set by the NIB.
- The team of Inspectors will then be required to submit a report on the inspection to the Chief Inspector of Schools for final approval.
CLICK ON ONE OF THE SUITABLE LINKS BELOW TO START THE REGISTRATION