The Ghana Education Service Occupational Pension Scheme (GESOPS) is a Tier-2 pension scheme registered and regulated by the National Pensions Regulatory Authority under the Pensions Act, 2008, (Act 766) as amended. The Scheme’s membership is drawn from employees of the Ghana Education Service, with members belonging to one of the Unions in the educational sector.
GESOPS is managed by a Board of Trustees with representation from relevant institutions such as the Ministries of Education, Finance, the Attorney General’s Department, the various Unions and an Independent Trustee. Like all Tier-2 Pension Schemes, GESOPS receives five (5) out of the 18.5% monthly social security contributions made on workers’ behalf.
To pay benefits to members and their beneficiaries through prudent investment policies, stakeholder involvement, and member satisfaction.
To be the benchmark scheme for the payment of enhanced lump sum benefits.
• To take effective custody of member contributions
• To prudently invest scheme funds
• To provide relevant information on member contributions
• To promptly pay benefits to members
• To leverage technology to provide enhanced services to members