The 2020/21 Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) Local Scholarship has been extended to eligible Ghanaian students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies at any public tertiary institution in Ghana.
The GNPC Scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, living expenses, and learning materials. A statement shared with Listengh.net indicates that individuals who have already completed the process and received “Successful Submission” notice should not re-apply. Additionally, for applicants who have received a “Successful Submission” notice but did not receive a “Summary Receipt” via email/text afterward, your application still remains valid hence no need to re-apply as well.
- Applicant must be a Ghanaian
- Must have obtained admission to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at a public tertiary institution.
- Teachers and lecturers in STEM (to improve the teaching of STEM for capacity building).
- Tutors pursuing English and Ghanaian Languages, TVET at technical institutions, Nursing Training Colleges and Colleges of Educations.
- Persons with disabilities (Applicants with any form of disability are required to upload medical certificate stating the level/seriousness of disability)
All applications are to be done online and no submission of hard copies of application will be accepted. However, this facility does not apply to sandwich, part-time, private or fee-paying student in public-tertiary institutions.
Individuals with any form of disability must upload medical reports as evidence of disability while continuing students are to upload their statement of results. Individuals with any form of educational scholarship should not apply.
Interested persons are urged to note that eligibility for this scholarship award is based on accurate information. Misrepresentation in any material form renders the application null and void. Any award made based on misrepresentation shall be withdrawn and if any investments are made based on the misrepresentation, the applicant must be asked to provide a refund or may face prosecution or both.
Deadline for Application: January 31, 2021
PROCEDURES FOR APPLICATION
- Log on to the official website of GNPC by clicking on the link below
- Create an account by providing the following details; (Phone Number, Valid Email, Last Name, Other names, and application type)
- A pin will be sent to you via e-mail or text message after your account has been approved.
- Undergraduates are to upload passport picture, admission letters, WASSCE results or certificates, testimonial and birth certificate
- Postgraduates are to upload the following documents; passport picture, admission letter, academic certificates and transcript, Curriculum Vitae, National Service Certificate, letters of recommendation (both academic and occupational), research proposal/thesis
- Provide a one-page (500 words) letter of motivation indicating why GNPC Foundation should award you a scholarship for your education, including what your educational and professional goals are
- You are to complete, upload and submit a guarantor’s form. The list of guarantors are:
- A senior clergy
- A commissioned officer of the armed forces
- A senior civil/public servant (Principal Executive Officer and above
- A registered medical practitioner
- A solicitor or barrister
- Head of a recognized Educational Institution
- Other recognized professionals in good standing with their respective regulating bodies
- Any other person in good standing as may be determined by the Board of Trustees.