The Ghana Education Service (GES) has outlined procedures for self-placement processes for students who may miss all their choices of schools.
After a long wait by the Junior High School gradutes after sitting for the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) in 2020, the GES is finally set to release the Computerize school placement soon.
Meanwhile, to avoid any brouhaha after the release of the placement,the Ghana Education Service is working tirelessly to educate the students and the general public on how to solve issues related to CSSPS after it has been released.
It has therefore commenced the public sensitization via the various media.
WHAT YOU MUST KNOW ON PLACEMENT
According to the GES, a candidate who did not get any of the choices selected through automatic Placement should proceed to the self-placement portal.
Self-placement is a process that gives such canditaes an opportunity to go into the CSSPS portal and select from schools with available vacancies.
Meanwhile, canditaes are to note that;
- Only schools with available vacancies are displayed on the portal.
- Schools with vacancies will be displayed for Candidates to choose based on their aggregate.
- Schools shown have their location and residential options available
- A canditae can change schools as many times as possible depending on available spaces. The changes cease immediately a candidate enrols in a school.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR PREFERRED CHOICE OF SHS (SELF PLACEMENT)
- A canditae logs into the system using their Index number. The canditae choose their residential preference i.e Day or Boarding
- If a candidate selects Boarding, all schools with boarding vacancies will be displayed.
- If a candidate selects Day, there will be a drop down menu for the candidate to select:
I. Day within catchment area;OR
ii. Day outside catchment area
- The ‘Day within catchment area’ option displays only schools with Day vacancies within 16km of the JHS the candidate attended.
- Day outside catchment area displays all schools with Day vacancies. Before the’Day outside catchment area’ option is effected, the Candidates must confirm again if they intend to attend school outside their catchment area as a Day Student.
- Candidate then select Programme if choice.