The West African Examination Council (WAEC) announces to the general public that the registration for the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for 2021 private candidates commenced on January 15th, 2021. It is however scheduled to end on the 28th of February 2021.
According to the press statement, candidates who intend to write 4 or more subjects will pay an amount of GH₵212.29. Candidates who wish to sit for 3,2 and 1 subject(s) will pay an amount of GH₵193.56, GH₵176.40, and GH₵156.11 respectively. Check the table below:
|NUMBER OF SUBJECTS||AMOUNT (GH₵)|
|4 or More||212.29|
Meanwhile, after submission of entries, candidates who wish to make any change(s) between 11th January and 28th February 2021 will pay the following charges:
• GH¢50.00 where applicable for correction of centre, name, gender, address,
picture, or substitution of subject.
• For the addition of subject(s), fees, as stated in the table above will apply.
Candidates are required to read the entire Manual for Registration carefully and follow the instructions. DOWNLOAD THE 2021 BECE(PRIVATE) MANUAL AND TIMETABLE BY CLICKING HERE
Candidates may pay their registration fees at any branch of the following banks:
(1) Zenith Bank (Ghana) Ltd
(2) Ecobank (Ghana) Ltd
(3) Bank of Africa (Ghana) Ltd
(4) United Bank for Africa (Ghana) Ltd (UBA)
(5) Prudential Bank (Ghana) Ltd (PBL)
(6) Access Bank (Ghana) Ltd
(7) Consolidated Bank (Ghana) Ltd
(8) Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) [For only candidates in the following
regions: Eastern, Oti, Volta, Northern, North East, Savannah, Upper East and
Candidates may also pay directly from their mobile money account by using the shortcode *944# on any communication network.