The majority of graduates waste a lot of money in registering to offer their service to the Nation. This can be done with the various smartphones we use but most people have not realise it. In this article, we are going to discuss the steps involved in registering for national service using your smartphone. This article will as well cover
- HOW TO CHECK YOUR PIN CODE
- PROCEDURES TO REGISTERFOR NSS
- ONLINE PAYMENT/ALTERNATIVE WAYS
PROCEDURES TO CHECK YOUR NSS PIN CODE
- With your smartphone/personal computer, log on to nss.gov.gh
- Select/click on check and pay PIN code and enter your INDEX NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH
- Proceed by clicking on search to access/ retrieve your PIN code
NSS REGISTRATION PROCEDURES (SIMPLIFIED)
After retrieving your PIN code, the underneath steps have to be followed in order to activate your PIN code.
An amount of GH₵41.00 using either MTN mobile money or Online payment method
Let’s have a look at the procedures involved in the Online Payment Method. Kindly note that the online payment method is the fastest and most reliable method.
- Log on to the NSS portal by clicking on nss.gov.gh
- Select the menu and click on NSS portal
- Click on the check and pay for Pin code
- Type in your index number and your date of birth
- A pop-up message will be displayed showing your PIN CODE and other details
- Enter your phone number (e.g. o248823421)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on MTN mobile money web
- You are asked to enter a phone number (MoMo Account Number) from which the GH₵41.00 will be deducted. NOTE: The MoMo number can be your own number or another person provided both of you have agreed for the money to be deducted from his/her MoMo account.
- If an approval prompt does not pop-up, kindly dial *170#, go to my wallet and select My approvals to approve the transaction.
However, if you used someone’s number for the payment of the GH₵41.00, you will need to alert the individual to approve it using his/her phone. follow the steps below to APPROVE the transaction;
- Dial *170# and select 6 (My Wallet)
- Select 3 (My Approvals) and enter your MoMo PIN
- Select 1 (debit GH₵41.00) and choose option 1 to approve
- Right after the approval, your PIN Code will be activated
Moreover, there is an alternative way in which the approval can be be done. Let’s take a look at it as well.
ALTERNATIVE WAY (MoMo Pay & Pay bill)
This sometimes seems very complicated to some individuals since the procedures are not as simple as the above procedures. This payment by using the MTN USSD Method.
- Dial *170# and select option 2 (MoMo Pay & Pay Bill)
- Select 2 (pay Bill) and select 5 (General Payment)
- Enter payment code- (YOU WILL ENTER THE PAYMENT CODE BY TYPING NSS ‘space’ THEN TYPE YOUR PIN CODE)
- It is very important for applicants to note that there must be ONE SPACE BETWEEN TH NSS & PIN CODE. E.g. (NSS MRTZAD4763829)
- Your name will be displayed as confirmation
- Enter the amount which is GH₵41.00 and use NSS as your reference
- Proceed to enter your MoMo PIN. Your NSS PIN is activated the moment you confirm payment.
Let’s take a look at how to start the online registration process after you have obtained your NSS PIN CODE
NSS REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
- Log on to nss.gov.gh using your smartphone or PC
- Go to menu and click on NSS portal
- Proceed by clicking on ONLINE REGISTRATION-ENROLMENT
- Type in your INDEX NUMBER, PIN CODE & DATE OF BIRTH and click on Access Registration Form
- Select a means of identification by clicking on the drop-down menu to select a means of identification (this can either be your VOTER ID, SSNIT, DRIVERS LICENSE OR PASSPORT)
- Type in the ID number and click on submit means of identification.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THESE COMPULSORY NATIONAL IDENTITY CARDS?
Those who do not have any of the above-mentioned IDs should follow these simplified steps to register.
ALL SUCH INDIVIDUALS SHOULD SELECT;
- I have other ID, verify me at the regional office.
- You will then have to scan and upload any national ID card you have in possession. This can either be your NHIS, STUDENT ID, GHANA CARD, ET’AL. Applicants are to note that all scanned documents must be resized to the width: 380px by 260px. And also, the scanned and resized file should not be more than 1.5mb, the system will automatically allow you to continue with the registration after uploading the required documents. However, it also advisable to note that you are called to submit your ID for verification at the National Service Scheme Regional Office for manual verification.
- You will see (PERSON FOUND) after entering your ID NUMBER
- Your image on the ID CARD you used will be displayed but the photo will be hidden
- Click on confirmand continue and fill in the required personal information an then upload you’re your soft copy photograph (your photograph should have a white background with the size not more than 1mb)
- All forms to be filled during registration are in pages. Click on “save and continue” after completing every single page. Also, note that any question without an asterisk is not compulsory, therefore, you can decide to ignore it and continue but those with an asterisk must be answered
- Provide the following details accurately (E-mail address- if you type your email wrongly, you are likely not to get your appointment letter, Residential Address, Residential District and region, Your Town or Community of Residence)
- TICK NO if you are asked whether you have ever done national service.
- TICK NO if you asked whether you are currently employed. However, those currently employed must TICK YES and provide information about your current employer.
STEPS TO FOLLOW IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED
- After ticking YES to prove that you are currently employed, you will be asked to upload a document of proof such as a study leave letter or Payslip
- You can decide to not provide the trouser length and GPS address
- Select any three options from the list when you get to get the industrial Preference
- Select any three regions of your choice
- Click oo preview to check the accuracy of information provided
- Click on SUBMIT if you all information provided are accurate
- A congratulatory message which contains you NSS NUMBER will be sent after successful submission
- Save the NSS NUMBER for reference.