The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the provisional results of candidates who sat for the 2020 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) across the country.
According to the release by the Examining body, a total of 531,707 candidates made up of 269,408 males and 262,299 females sat for the examination. this figure is 2.78% higher than the 2019 number of candidates who sat for the exams. The candidates were from a total of 17,436 schools and the examination was administered at 2,012 centre across the country. Out of the total number of candidates who initially registered,1.59% were absent, the statement added.
However, 417 candidates subject results were cancelled due to exam malpractice after a thorough investigation made by the Final Awards’ and Examiners Appointment Committee for BECE was finalized.
Due to continuous changes in online procedures and steps in checking the results, listengh.net has listed a step-by-step comprehensive guide to help our young graduates access their results with ease. However, before one can check his/her results, A RESULTS CHECKER IS NEEDED TO ENABLE THE PROCESS. Follow these steps to purchase a result checker.
HOW TO BUY THE RESULTS CHECKER USING MOBILE MONEY (GH10 CEDIS)
- Dial the mobile money short code (*944#)
- Select Option 1(Results Checker PINs)
- Select Option 2 (Results Checker PINs (BECE)
- Select Your mobile network operator (MTN, VODAFONE, AIRTEL-TIGO)
- Choose your mobile money wallet number (choose either the GH10 should be deducted from your account (self) or someone’s account (others)
- Wait for a prompt message to approve the transaction by inputting your MoMo PIN code
- Check in your SMS inbox for Serial number and PIN
HOW TO CHECK/ACCESS YOUR BECE RESULTS
- Log onto the WAEC results checking portal by CLICKING HERE with an internet-connected device. With this process, using a computer will be recommended to enable saving the results in a pdf format for printing.
- NOTE: you can however use your smartphone for viewing the results and later visit the internet café to make a printout since the results checker can be used 3 times to check the same results.
- On the next page ‘Enter your Index Number’.
- Select the Type of Examination (e.g. BECE School).
- Select your Examination Year (eg. 2020)
- Enter the Serial Number found on the Voucher.
- Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Voucher (eg. 052149678614)
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year to certify that your examination information is correct.
- Click on Submit and agree to the terms and conditions that appear in the pop-up window.
- Click on the PRINT button to save it in PDf format.