The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the provisional results of candidates who sat for the 2020 results in Ghana. In a press statement released signed by the Head of Public Affairs, Mrs. Agnes Teye-Cudjoe, a total number of 375,763 students sat for the examination. This figure according to WAEC is 8.6% higher than the 2019 candidates of 346,098.
The 2020 entry figure was made up of 187,581 (49.9%) males and 188,182 (50.1%) females. A total of 3,343 (0.08%) of the candidates who registered were absent from the examination, the statement added.
However, prospective candidates who desire to access their result should follow these procedures to check;
HOW TO BUY THE RESULTS CHECKER USING MOBILE MONEY
- Dial mobile money short code (*170#)
- Select Momo pay & paybill
- Select Pay bill
- Select General payment
- Answer the prompts as indicated
- Payment Code: monicliq
- Amount: 12GHC (enter multiples if you want to buy more than one)
- Reference: WAEC
HOW TO CHECK THE RESULTS ONLINE AFTER OBTAINING YOUR RESULTS CHECKER
- Log on to www.waecgh.org
- On the next window, enter your 10-digit index number and confirm. E.g. 0080901054
- Select your exam type. E.g. WASSCE Private
- Enter your WAEC exam year of completion. Eg. 2020
- Enter the SERIAL NUMBER and PIN
- Click on submit to submit your personal information.
- A new screen pops up showing your results.
- You can either save it in a pdf format or make a printout